Norton Core Router is a Wi-Fi router that keeps a regular check over the data packets entering into the network and offers a complete protection against the cyber threats. The design of the Norton Core Router is unique, having a light that states various states of Internet connectivity. The Norton Core Router uses a bandwidth of 802.11 ac protocol allowing up to 2055 Mbps. The additional feature is the security, i.e. Norton offers tools to add filters keeping the family protected against the unsavoury contents.
Users are highly diverted towards technology and are keenly interested to use such new techniques for internet speed and security. While setting up or installing Norton Core Router, you may face several issues. One of the common issues with this Norton product is when it does not connect to the devices it has installed for. Thankfully this problem has a solution that is as follows:
Step 1: Check the Norton Core Wireless Network:
1. Search for a Wi-Fi network over your device, and look if the Norton Core is visible or not.
2. If it is visible, then type the password after selecting the network else follow the step 2 i.e. restart the Norton Core Router.
3. Make a surety that your device is using WPA-2 encryption.
4. If you have a combo of modem-router, turn its wireless capability off by setting it in bridge mode.
5. The light indicates wireless activity shows its work only as modem, when it is connected in bridge mode.
6. If problem still arises then follow step 2.
Step 2: Restart Norton Core:
1. Launch the Norton Core App.
2. Tap the menu icon, displayed at the top-left corner.
3. Click Settings >> Router >> Restart >> Confirm
4. When the device starts to reset, it will be displayed via rapid blinking of the light. This rapidness of blinking white light will become slower, and will end up into solid white after waiting for one minute.
5. Check your device connectivity to the Norton Core Network and check the internet accessibility.
If the problem still retains on the device then go for the factory reset of the device.
Step 3: Factory Reset Norton Core:
1. Launch the App of Norton Core.
2. Tap the menu icon, placed at the top-left corner.
3. Select Settings >> Router >> Reset >> Factory Reset.
4. Tap Reset >> Confirm.
5. A Welcome screen will be displayed on the screen after the completion of the reset process.
6. In the Welcome Screen, select “Set Up Norton Core”
7. For setting up the Norton Core Router again, simply follow the instructions displayed on the screen
8. Check your device connectivity to the Norton Core Network and check the internet accessibility.
If the problem still continues on the device then go for the factory reset of the device via reset button.
Step 4: Factory Reset via Reset button:
1. At the lower end of the device, there is a Rounded arrow marked button, just press this button for 10 sec and release it.
2. The light will start to blink rapidly indicating the reset of the device.
3. This rapidness of the blinking white light will becomes slow and it will end in a solid white light.
4. Explore the Norton Core Mobile App.
5. Select Set up Norton Core in the welcome screen and simply follow the instructions displayed on device and set up it again.
6. Now, again start the set-up of the device from the initial steps.
7. After this, again look whether your device can connect to the Norton Core Router and check internet accessibility by the user.
Still the problem persists while setting up Norton Core Router please contact to Norton Support or Visit Official Website Norton.com/Setup.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She keeps a regular check over the latest updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the accurate information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.
Source : http://pcgeekslive.blogspot.com/2017/12/how-to-fix-unable-to-connect-devices-to.html
The Article Source